Friday, January 29, 2010

Variety of Favorites

As a jewelry designer I like to sit and design new things rather than sit and make the same thing over and over again. The other day it occurred to me to make earrings similar to a pair I've been wearing for about 3 years! I've always called them one of my favorite pairs, designed by me, and now I'm making them in more varieties! The originals have amazonite and tridacna, which is a deep sea shell, but what I really love about them is the length and the way they swing. I feel so sexy when my earrings brush my neck in a breeze or as I turn my head. Another great thing about these earrings in particular, is the use of a little seed at the bottom. Its teardrop shape is a perfect end to the slender style. My sister brought the seeds to me from Thailand. They have straw-like innards that I have to poke out before fitting my headpin through the seed's hole. Poking out the innards and matching them for size, shape and color is time consuming, but well worth the unique flavor it gives these special earrings. Although they are different from the typical Gritgoods signature look, they are Gritgoods originals and very unique. They are also one-of-a-kind! Be on the look out for more long earrings in the Etsy shop. And if you have any suggestions to name them, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment