Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Valentine's is Coming Early This Year

Never have I been so excited to celebrate Valentine's Day. I have already designed and made new pairs of earrings. All are red, or have a hint of red, the color of love (and blood... I'm just sayin'). Included in the new designs are a Gritgoods famous pair of cluster earrings, made with sterling silver and bright red coral. Coral is about as good as it gets for materials that are bright, deep, dark gorgeous red. I also did some Gritgoods hoops with coral, and made a simple sterling pair with the lovely carved coral flowers I like to use. With half the pairs I went back to Gritgoods old style and used dynamic coral cupolini to top off other stones. And that Italian word brings me to the reason I am so excited about Valentine's Day. Lucky me: my boyfriend is going to Italy for work, for 4 weeks! And I get to join him for the last week! We will be near Rome and travel into Tuscany for a couple of days. As an art major I am well aware of the major art pieces in Rome and plan to see as many as possible while I'm there. Caravaggio's work is high on my must-see list, in addition to the traditional Sistine Chapel, the Basilica, and the Colosseum. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now. There's nothing like a planning a trip to Italy to feel inspired to create works of art while at home. Here's a sneak peek of what's to come in my Etsy shop. And keep in mind, with my departure date set as the 9th of February, all Valentine's Day present purchases must be made by the 5th!! Please Excuse the poor picture quality ... it's just a peek!





No comments:

Post a Comment